Membership in DeCosmos Fine Arts Society is open to anyone interested in the arts, practicing artist or art lover. Membership is $25 a year from September to August and renewals are payable at the September meeting. New members can join any time; membership fees are not prorated.
Regular monthly meetings are held from September to May on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
Presently, our General Monthly Meetings are held at the McMillan Arts Centre in Parksville, B.C. and simultaneously broadcast by Zoom. Please see the “Meetings” tab for more information.
Meetings typically begin at 1:00 p.m. with a short business session. A presentation from an invited guest artist begins about 1:30 p.m. and lasts for about an hour. Guests are welcome for a $5 donation. Note: Guests must register in advance to attend a meeting as space is restricted. Please use our Contact Us tab to register: https://decosmos.org/contact-us/ Masks are required.
There are no scheduled meetings in June, July and August.
- A free monthly demo
- A weekly Open Studio (nominal fee; subject to availability of space)
- Access to workshops and classes (costs will vary)
- A summer event, usually a bus trip to various art related venues (cost varies depending on destination). Summer events have been paused during Covid.
- Special presentations and events
- 10% discount at Qualicum Stationers & Art Supply and Iron Oxide in Nanaimo
- Access to the password-protected members only area of the website.
Click here for Membership Form