The DeCosmos Fine Arts Society is based on friendship, fellowship and the encouragement of artistic growth for all members.
The DeCosmos Fine Arts Society began in 1966 when a small group of artists decided to get together to share ideas and inspiration. The group was instrumental in the establishment of the Parksville and District Arts Council and continues to be a vibrant part of the arts community in the Oceanside area.
Everyone is welcome; practicing artist or art lover. It is not necessary to have work juried to become a member. Members come from all over the mid island area. DeCosmos now has over 100 members including artists of all levels, from beginners to professionals, as well as those simply interested in the appreciation of art.
DeCosmos Mission Statement
To provide a venue for artists to meet, socialize and show their work;
To provide monthly demonstrations of various techniques by accredited artists;
To help artists develop skills and acquire or show their knowledge;
To organize art exhibitions of hand-made, original visual art so that society members have an opportunity to show their art to the public.
2022-23 DeCosmos Board
- President – Faith Love-Robertson
- Past President – Mary Unger
- Vice President – *open*
- Second Vice-President – Juanita Kehler
- Secretary – Carol Popp
- Treasurer – Cathy Dennis
- Communications – Juanita Kehler
- Membership – Sandy Trafananko
Directors (Committee Chairs) / Committees
- Email & Webmaster – Joanne Nemeth
- Telephone – Violet Ewing
- Demonstrations – Alexandra Carr (Chair), Jane Hildebrandt, Joyce Gallinger, Audio/Visual/Zoom Tech Position *open*
- Show Committee – Joanne Ayley (Show Convenor), Karen Morrison (Show Conv. Asst.), Joanne Nemeth, Donna Noble
- Communications Committee – Juanita Kehler (Chair), Committee Positions *open*
- Refreshments Committee – Gillian Walker
- Historian – *open*
- OCAC Liaison – Linda Strand